See on Scoop.itArchetype in Action

In 1951, a psychologist named Solomon Asch wanted to find out more about the psychology of human conformity and decision making. …

So what happened when the experimenter asked which line is the right match? Approximately 25% of the participants went with their initial response. The remaining 75% chose to conform to the rest of the group.
Apparently, people conform for two main reasons: because they want to fit in with the group (normative influence) and because they believe the group is better informed than they are (informational influence).

Skip_Conover‘s insight:

by Zainab Zeb

See on

If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!
EmailFacebookTwitterStumbleUponWordPressGoogle GmailYahoo MailDeliciousLinkedInMySpaceShare
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Conformity

  1. KAYSWELL says:

    I have seen loads of useful issues on your site about computers. However, I have got the viewpoint that notebook computers are still not nearly powerful adequately to be a option if you usually do things that require plenty of power, just like video editing and enhancing. But for world wide web surfing, statement processing, and a lot other prevalent computer functions they are just fine, provided you don’t mind the little screen size. Appreciate sharing your notions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *